The trucking industry plays a vital role in stabilizing the economy and growth of the United States. Trucks are used to transport raw materials and finished goods. Commercial trucks are also used in the construction industry. These trucks are widely used in the manufacturing, transportation, and warehousing industries. Technology developments have contributed to improvements in the trucking industry. These developments have saved the time and hassle of drivers and also enhanced the productivity of company operations.
Truck Crashes Involves Following Severe Injuries
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones or Fractures
- Back and neck injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lost limbs
- Fatal internal injuries
- Wrongful death
Factors Affecting the Outlook For Trucking Industry in 2020
- Increased Regulations and Guidelines
- Artificial Intelligence
- Restart and Break Rules
- Freight Transparent
- Driver Training Standards
- Drivers Hard to Hire
- Diesel Price Volatility
- Increased Trucking Insurance Costs
- New Technology
Following are some important truck accident facts in the United States:
- There are more than 3.5 million truck drivers in the U.S.
- Failure to stay in the lane is the major cause of trucking crashes.
- The trucking industry is expected to boom by about 21 percent over the next 10 years.
- The trucking industry collects approx. $650 billion in revenue annually.
- There are more than 200,000 female long haul drivers in the United States.
- The trucking industry accounts for 12% of all registered vehicles in the U.S.
- More than 6 percent of full-time jobs in the United States are in the trucking industry
- Large commercial trucks are more likely to be involved in fatal accidents than that of other vehicles.
- Improper maintenance is one of the major causes of truck crashes in the United States.
- Speeding and distracted driving are some of the common causes of truck accidents in the U.S.
- More than 300,000 large trucks are involved in deadly accidents in the United States.
- 4000+ people lost their lives in truck accidents annually.
- Most of the truck crashes occur in clear weather.
- The majority of truck accidents occur in rural areas on weekdays.
- 1 out of 8 traffic fatalities involves a deadly accident with a commercial truck.
- More than 25% of truck crashes cause severe injuries.
- About 10% of highway deaths happen due to truck accidents.
- Over 60 percent of fatal truck accidents involve two vehicles.
If you or your family member has been injured in a truck accident due to someone else’s negligence, talk to a professional truck accident attorney in Pittsburgh to acquire compensation for your pain and suffering.