Car accidents are extremely common in the United States. Approx. 6 million car accidents happen in the United States each year. And around 3 million people are injured every year in car crashes. If you or your loved one is injured in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence in the U.S., choose one of the leading attorneys or lawyers to obtain the maximum possible compensation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in United States
Distracted driving is the major cause of car crashes in the U.S. each year. Distracted driving includes texting while driving, talking to passengers while driving, drinking or eating while driving and much more.
Speeding is another cause of car accidents in the U.S. each year and this issue is becoming worse day by day. It is important to follow the speed limit to drive safely.
Though you can’t avoid driving in the rain, the slippery road conditions caused by rains should be avoided. If you are unable to see clearly due to heavy rains while driving, you should wait until the weather gets clear.
Tips to Prevent Car Accidents
- Limit distractions
- Limit nighttime driving
- Pull into traffic slowly
- Position your seat properly
- Avoid cellphone when driving
- Train yourself for poor weather conditions
- Keep at least one hand on the steering wheel
- Do not tailgate
- Avoid speeding
- Stay up-to-date with car checkups
Here are some updated car accident statistics in the United States:
- Speeding and distracted driving are the most common causes of car accidents
- Approximately 3 million people in the United States are injured in car crashes each year
- 2 million drivers have experienced severe injuries after a car crash
- 10 million car accidents go unreported each year
- The car crash fatality rate for males is higher than that of females in the U.S.
- Most devastating car accidents happen during weekends
- More than 48 percent of all fatal car crashes happen during the nighttime
- 1 out of 7 people do not wear a seatbelt while driving their car
- Seatbelts reduce the risk of death by 45 percent
- Seatbelts eliminate the risk of fatal injuries by 50 percent
- 1 out of 3 people text while driving
- 40% of car accidents happen due to drunken driver
- 90 American citizens die in car accidents each day
- 1 out of 10 road accidents lead to multiple deaths
- 40% of fatal car accidents happen by a collision with a fixed object on the road
- 1 out of 3 car crashes are caused by tailgating
- There are more chances of car accidents in the first few years after getting a driving license
- More than 70 percent of pedestrians died in car accidents happen during the nighttime
- 1 out of 4 fatal car accidents involved a driver under the age of 25
- Approximately 1,600 children die in car accidents each year
- Car crashes lead to 6% fatality, 27% non-fatality injury and 72% property damage
- More than 1000 people are injured in car crashes that involve a distracted driver
- 9 people are died in car accidents due to distracted driving every day
- $871 billion is the cost of traffic accidents in the United States each year
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence, talk to a professional attorney or lawyer to obtain the right settlement.
You’ll get the settlement you deserve by hiring professional Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyers or law firm.