Construction work is complex and demanding in equal measure. On the job site, handling large machinery, dangerous goods, or working at heights enhance the chance of accidents. Construction had a higher injury rate than all other industries combined, at 112.3 injuries per 10,000 workers, according to the Institute for Infrastructure Training and Research.
You might need to contact a construction injury attorney immediately if you sustain injuries in an accident on the job site. Your odds of successfully negotiating a workplace injury claim increase if you hire a personal injury lawyer. Before hiring a law firm, you might need to research them and speak with potential candidates.
Five Important Questions
Before selecting a construction injury lawyer, make sure to ask them these five crucial questions.
1. How long have you been an attorney, and what proportion of your cases involve construction accidents?
- You might want the services of seasoned personal injury lawyers with a track record of success in this area of law.
- An experienced construction injury attorney is knowledgeable about worker’s compensation laws in the area and workplace safety standards.
- You must locate a lawyer who focuses on construction accident cases. How many cases like yours have they previously resolved successfully?
2. What Are My Case’s Strengths and Weaknesses?
- The initial consultation can be used to assess your claim quickly. The question forces the construction accident attorney to evaluate the merits and deficiencies of the defenses.
- Although no personal injury attorney can promise a particular result in a case, a brief review of the facts and supporting documentation can help you develop a preliminary assessment of your claim.
3. Do You Have Experience with Both Trials and Out-of-Court Settlements?
- Before a jury or judge, 96% of injury cases are settled. You might need a skilled negotiator on your side to make sure you get compensated fairly for any damage you suffer.
- Your claim filing may become more challenging due to the accident’s circumstances. Experience in trials and out-of-court agreements guarantees your issue is resolved favorably.
4. What Caseload Do You Have Right Now?
- You might need to be sure that the structural injury attorney you choose will be available to represent you during the complaint filing and litigation procedure properly.
- Partners, associates, attorneys, and paralegals from several law firms may all be allocated to your case. If the lawyer you encounter will be handling the case, you might need to find out.
- Tell the attorney if you have got a particular choice.
5. What is your fee schedule?
- The costs of hiring a construction injury attorney may need to be considered before you decide to settle.
- Ask the host to cater for any other costs that may arise. The majority of construction accident lawyers operate on a conditional basis.
- It implies that they only receive a portion of your compensation and are not paid until you are.
You can better grasp your legal options and pursue just compensation by hiring a Pittsburgh construction accident lawyer. Contact a Pittsburgh construction accident lawyer if you need legal support after being injured in a construction accident. We are delighted to answer any questions you might have about the case.