Car accidents are quite common in the United States. The majority of car accidents are caused as a result of human error. Car accidents can be caused by negligence, distracted driving and bad habits. Approx. 6 million car crashes happen in the United States each year.
Recent Car Accident statistics in Pittsburgh
- Speeding is one of the common causes of car accidents in Pittsburgh
- More than 3 million people are injured in car accidents each year
- More than 2 million drivers have experienced fatal injuries due to car accidents
- Approx. 10 million car accidents go unreported every year
- The car accident fatality rate in males is higher than that of females
- Most fatal car accidents happen during weekends
- More than 48% of serious car accidents happen at night
- 1 out of 3 people use phone while driving
- More than 40% of car accidents happen as a result of drunk driving
- More than 90 U.S. citizens die in car accidents every day
- 1 out of 3 car crashes happen as a result of tailgating
- More than 70% pedestrians died in car accidents happen at night
- More than 1,600 children die in car accidents each year
- Approx. 1000 people are injured in car accidents happen as a result of distracted driving
Most Causes of Car Accidents in Pittsburgh
Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of car accidents. It is important to stay focused while driving. It is advisable to avoid texting, calls, eating or talking while you are driving.
Speeding or Reckless Driving
Speeding or reckless driving is also one of the common causes of car crashes in Pittsburgh each year. Approx. 10,000 people are killed each year in car accidents caused due to speeding.
Drunk driving is also another cause of car accidents in Pittsburgh. Approx. 10,000 people are killed due to drunk driving each year. It is important to drive without drinking to prevent car crashes.
Majority of car accidents happen in the bad weather. It is advisable to drive carefully in rain to prevent accidents.
All the above reasons can cause car accidents. If you or your family member has been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, speak to a professional attorney or lawyer to receive the right settlement. You’ll receive the compensation you deserve by hiring a professional Pittsburgh car accident lawyer or law firm.